January 16, 2015


MOTIVATIONAL OF THE DAY

GRACE

None of us is perfect; nor will we ever be. Even so, that does mean we cannot STRIVE for perfection; our definition of it.

So, as I strive to be the BEST that I can possibly be, the STANDARD I hold myself to is one not of perfection (been there; done that, and it only sets one up for a lot of heartache and disappointment and self-hatred), but of GRACE, because I know that whilst my intentions are always for the best, I AM human, with “off” days and “mistakes” along the way. I can now acknowledge that it is OK to be HUMAN, instead of beating myself up for any “shortcomings” (that does nothing positive for the psyche and can be detrimental to anything being done or progress being made).

This does not mean that one gives permission to fail or not try, because neither is acceptable; instead it accepts that we are but human and there WILL be times when we need to “readjust” our timelines to make allowances for those “off” moments or things beyond our control. Striving for and standards held are two different things and one is not always the other, even though we should have them both set to the UTMOST possible.

So never stop aiming for the STARS and the very HIGHEST pinnacle you want to reach, for our dreams and goals ARE attainable. Just remember, as Vince Lombardi said, “Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.”

© 2015 Rosie Chee