July 8, 2012

2012 | Day 186: Do You See What I See?


MOTIVATIONAL OF THE DAY

Keep Moving

There are times in your life when all you see is DARKNESS - behind you, around you, in front of you, hemming you in, trapping you, making it hard to breathe, to see, to feel anything other than despair. Never ever think that you are ALONE in this experience, in feeling like that, because almost EVERYone will go through it at some point in their life.

However, you will likely BE alone when YOU go through it. You may feel abandoned by those you thought the ones who would always be there, isolated and misunderstood by those that should have known better, cast adrift without a rudder to steer your direction.

DON’T LOSE HOPE. Even if you can’t yet see it, the darkness that you’re in has an END. There IS a light IN it, waiting for you to get close enough to see it, if only the faintest of glimmers. There is ALWAYS a light in the darkness, a beacon of hope you can cling to, a sliver of faith that enables you to KEEP MOVING.

Whatever you do, keep making your way FORWARDS. Never backwards, for you do not want to return to the place from whence you came. You want to step FORWARD into what the future holds for you, the opportunities that were not in the past and can only be grasped by discovering them and stepping INTO them.

No matter what happens, no matter how dark, how bleak the present may seem, ALWAYS hold onto your Faith and your Hope, for this is NOT the end for you. You were not meant to perish in darkness, but live in the LIGHT. COMPLETELY, without hesitation and fear or doubt, surrounded by love and acceptance, at “home”.

So if you can’t see that light, if you can’t see that glimmer, BELIEVE in it and the future that awaits you and KEEP MOVING FORWARD!

Quote for Reflection: 

TRAINING

Day OFF

Sleep: Went to bed in the mid-morning today - after running around work last night I was wired (despite being shattered and wanting nothing more than to go to bed when I went), and the food shoveled down around midnight probably didn't help things, LOL (have to STOP that, since it was OUTside my Lean Gains 8-hour feeding window - in fact, this week I have been doing more 12-hour fast/12-hour feeding window, just because things have been all over the place, but definitely feel better with the 16-hour fast/8-hour feeding window).

Energy: I feel ok so far, but going to take this day off training. Still have to work, but I get to do that in my own time today, which is nice. My body needs to calm down after this last week, especially since next week is going to be even MORE hectic.

OTHER NOTES

FitnessX Magazine

The July 2012 issue of FitnessX Magazine is now out - you can read it for free online HERE.


I have a couple of contributions in this issue:
* One of my favourite recipes (I literally used to make this and eat bowls of it, LOL) on page 41; and
* My article (I love the layout of this!) Resistance Training for the Marathon Runner on pages 94-97 (huge thank you to Tony Mitchell for this beautiful image - from my birthday photoshoot in May).

Huge thank you to Kat Painter and BillyBow for giving me the opportunity to be a part of the FitnessX Team