July 20, 2012

2012 | Day 198: Broken Blade


MOTIVATIONAL OF THE DAY

My Body. My Canvas.

My body is mine to sculpt. It is my canvas to create a masterpiece with; my raw materials with which to start off the rocky road to greatness. My body is my own and if I want it to be what I want, I must be the one to mould it, build it; create it. I must be the one who determines my limits and boundaries; if I choose to have any, to know how far I am willing to go, to push, to reach.

The motivation to create comes from within, the well deep down inside me, rushing from my core to the surface to design. It encompasses me so that I can think of nothing else but perfecting a masterpiece that I am proud of, to show myself and the world just what I am made of. I, and only I, have the power to turn that inner source into something physical.

Every turn is mine to make. Every chip of the stone, every swirl on the canvas, is made by my hand and mine alone. I am accountable for the finished product; if there are flaws, then they are mine and I must accept that. I strive to do my utmost to work away anything that might detract from my masterpiece, so that it looks stunning from every angle, in any position, in every way possible.

I may stop and start many times over, but I always work on, each time better than the last, growing as I create, motivation building as I get closer and closer to what is envisioned in my mind. I am the artist. I am the sculptor. I am the designer. I am the one in control of who and what I become.

Quote for Reflection:


TRAINING

Full-Body (30 sec recovery between quadsets):
QuadSet A -
1. Cable Crossovers 3 x 15, 12, 12
2. Stiff-Legged DB Deadlifts (on step, reaching DB down 6 inches) 3 x 12
3. Supinated Seated Rows (each hand with individual handle) 3 x 10, 8, 8
4. Skip 3 x 100 revolutions
QuadSet B -
5. Rear Flyes 3 x 12
6. Plate Hammer Raises 3 x 8
7. Alternate Single-Arm DB Lateral Raises 3 x 20
8. Skip 3 x 100 revolutions
QuadSet C -
9. DB Zottoman Curls 3 x 12
10. DB French Press 3 x 6
11. Alternate DB Hammer Bicep Curls 3 x 12
12. Skip 3 x 100 revolutions
QuadSet D -
13. Swissball Crunches (feet on wall, knees at 90 degrees) 3 x 15
14. Swissball Crunches (270 degrees to 180 degrees) 3 x 12
15. Reverse Curls (on floor) 3 x 10
16. Skip 3 x 100 revolutions

Post-Weights Cardio:
Recline Bike 20 min @ 101-104 rpm

Stretch 20 min

OTHER NOTES

Sleep: Went to bed last night and just let my body sleep until it was ready to wake up.

Energy: Been good all day.

Joints: PAINFUL shoulders.

Quality of Training: Trained a little later today. Session was good. Full-Body - changed a few things up, to accommodate my shoulders, although didn't do much in minimizing the pain, and had to dig my fingernails into my right shoulder during post-weights cardio to "help". Resistance portion of my training passed quickly, almost like nothing at all. Had a smile on my face for most of it, despite the way my body felt. Good times.

Overall Sense of Feeling: It definitely is going to be an interesting few months ahead. Busy. Productive. Happy.