May 21, 2012

2012 | Day 142: You're the only voice my heart can recognise


MOTIVATIONAL OF THE DAY

How Special You Are To Me

It hurts me to know you are hurting, to be so far away I can do nothing about it. It hurts me to know that you think yourself undeserving of love, unworthy of the one beautiful gift everyone should be blessed with. It hurts me to know something of your self-perception, because it is so far from the truth.

It hurts me watch you retreat, watch you disappear before returning, each time taking a part of my soul with you. If only that part of me could remind you of what I see, that if you were not who you are then I would not feel the way I do about you.

You are amazing. You are wonderful. You have given so much and expect nothing back. Life has kicked you down and yet you rise up every time. You fight back. You soldier on. Life has given you so many traumas, but still you are brave enough to look for the joy, trying to have fun with it.

We all make mistakes, but we also learn from them. We all have things we are ashamed of, but that does not make us any less of a person or less lovable. We all have that one person in the world, imperfect but perfect to us, beautiful and precious just the way they are.

YOU are beautiful and precious and so very SPECIAL to me. I only wish I could hold you and let you know just how much. Maybe then you would understand what I see and know and love.

Quote for Reflection:
 
 TRAINING

Session 1

HIIT Run:
a. 4 min jogging
b. 8 x 20 sec sprint/10 sec easy
c. 14 min jogging

Stretch 16 min

Session 2

Skip x 1,000 revolutions

Shoulders/Hamstrings (30 sec recovery between supersets):
SuperSet A -
1. Behind-the-neck BB Military Press 4 x 10, 8, 8, 6
2. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
SuperSet B -
3. Rear Flyes 4 x 12, 12, 12, 10
4. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
SuperSet C -
5. BB Military Press 4 x 10, 8, 8, 8
6. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
SuperSet D -
7. DB Clean and Press 4 x 8
8. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
SuperSet E -
9. DB Lateral Raises 4 x 10
10. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
SuperSet F -
11. Alternate Single-Arm DB Lateral Raises 4 x 8 per side
12. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
SuperSet G -
13. Stiff-Legged BB Deadlift (on box, reaching BB down 6 inches) 4 x 10
14. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
SuperSet H -
15. Swissball Leg Curls 4 x 10
16. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions

Post-Weights Cardio:
Recline Bike 20 min @ 108-110 rpm

Session 3

Run 3 miles

Stretch 5 min

OTHER NOTES

Sleep: Woke feeling like crap, but once I got "going", I was ok.

Mental Acuity: It's been a "thinking" day, my mind running even fastER than usual, myriad ideas and questions spinning around inside.

Mood: It has been one of the BEST mornings in a long time! I am SO looking forward to next week (it's going to be the best birthday ever - if only you were there, it would be "perfect"!) and the months ahead!

Joints: Both wrists caused issues at different points during training, so tried to be careful with them. Right anterior delt in the joint has also been sharp all day, since waking.

Pump: Strong and hard, almost from the start.

Vascularity: Stronger in left bicep than right and right forearm than left, but was great overall - call me odd, but I LIKE seeing it!

Quality of Training: HIIT was weird this morning - I had the most energy and speed that I have had in a long time, explosive from the start, but tiring quickly half-way through my sprints, tasting blood in my mouth for the first time in ages, feeling like I wanted to be sick...Resistance training was good - painful re delts and wrists, but I made sure to keep myself going, keeping the intensity high, finding it a little difficult to breathe at times (but not as bad as it has been of late), and nauseous a little as well (surprisingly)...Didn't feel like doing an evening run, but I am going to do whatever it takes now to ensure these last eight days make as much difference as possible - a little slower than usual, feeling how heavy my body was feeling, but also tightness in my left hip that had bothered me some during HIIT as well...

Other Notes: GOOD things are happening! I am so EXCITED!