May 20, 2012

2012 | Day 141: I WILL fly...With OR withOUT you...


MOTIVATIONAL OF THE DAY

YOU DECIDE!

There are many people out there ready and willing to tell you that you can’t do something, whether because they don’t believe in your dream or you or just don’t want to see you achieve something great. Don’t let YOURSELF be one of those people.

At the end of the day, YOU decide what you can AND cannot do. If you believe in yourself and your ability to do something, then you WILL do it. If you do not believe in yourself or that what you want to accomplish is possible for you, then you will NOT do it.

The mind is POWERFUL. BELIEF is powerful. Self-talk can have a powerful EFFECT on the psyche, affecting actions and decisions, all which culminate to a destination. If that destination is NOT what you want to see or where you want to be, then ADJUST your THINKING so that your compass is set in the RIGHT direction.

After all, even if you tell yourself that you “can’t”, even if that small voice of doubt in your mind whispers it, you do NOT have to listen. You can CHOOSE to follow your HEART and forge AHEAD, impulsive or not, listening instead to your gut, acting on INSTINCT. THAT is how you get things done, how you achieve GREATNESS.

So go ahead. ABOLISH the word and thought “can’t” from your existence. Reach for the STARS. Pursue the LOVE that consumes you. BELIEVE in YOURSELF. CHANGE your story. MAKE life work FOR you. YOU DECIDE!

Quote for Reflection:

TRAINING

HIIT Run:
a. 4 min jogging
b. 8 x 20 sec sprint/10 sec easy
c. 4 min jogging

Stretch 20 min

OTHER NOTES

Sleep: Took forever to fall asleep, sleep broken, waking early, and up for the day.

Mood: Been an interesting day...Been an interesting last FEW dayS...

Libido: Surprisingly high for my mood.

Joints: Being careful of my wrists.

Quality of Training: Run this morning was actually NOT planned - well, not what was done or when it was done anyway. Was an effort at the time, but feels as if today has just been another day "off" this week.

Body Composition: 8.3% bodyfat - 0.5% bodyfat loss from last week, which surprised me a little, given that only THREE of the last seven days has been "good" re nutrition (yes, as good as my intentions re Lyle's "diet", it did NOT happen from 3.5 days after "starting"). My eating habits have helped me add a little more muscle mass though (albeit feeling very UNcomfortable with the additional water and food weight I am holding) - in back and legs (got to get RID of some muscle in my lower body, not ADD to it!), so no more work re Back (except for in my Full-Body session) and more running (less time cycling) re cardio. Girths continue to remain pretty symmetrical...So, not a complete fail the last week, despite training not even being at MAINTENANCE and nutrition being predominantly terrible...Another week to BE AND STAY ON track (and then afterwards as well, since I NEED to concentrate on my HEALTH)...

Other Notes: Things have not settled down any since coming back from Florida. But that's ok. I'm managing. And also seeing what I need to change - what I have KNOWN I have needed to change for a while now, especially when it comes to nutrition, for my health, and having tried, but "allowing" for falling back into old habits. NO MORE though! It CHANGES! NOW! I DECIDE!