May 2, 2012

2012 | Day 123: Al's [Fallen Silver] Angel


MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE OF THE DAY

"The universe is change; our life is what our thoughts make it." - Marcus Aurelius

For the complete Motivational, review Our Thoughts | Rosie's MuscleRevolution.
 
TRAINING

Tuesday

Day OFF

Wednesday

HIIT Run:
a. 4 min jogging
b. 12 x 20 sec sprint/10 sec easy
c. 12 min jogging

Stretch 12 min

Arms/Abs (1 min recovery between supersets):
SuperSet A -
1. Close-Grip BB Bicep Curls 4 x 12, 10, 8, 8
2. Incline Dips 4 x 8
SuperSet B -
3. Incline Bicep Curls 4 x 12, 10, 10, 10
4. DB French Press 4 x 8
SuperSet C -
5. Alternate Hammer Bicep Curls 4 x 15 per side
6. Hammer Curls 4 x 8
SuperSet D -
7. Crunches (on floor, hips at 90 degree angle, legs straight, to touch toes) 4 x 25
8. Plank 4 x 1 min

Post-Weights Cardio:
Rollers 20 min in 39x18 @ 110-120 rpm

Stretch 12 min

Slept a little longer than usual - allowing myself to, waking and going back to bed, since it IS a "deload" week (and also not had a week "off" in a long time, and my "easy"/"deload" weeks ARE my weeks "off"). Not feeling the best, still holding an extra 11 pounds than usual, which makes a HUGE difference in how I look AND feel...HIIT Run felt slow, but surprisingly knees were ok until towards the end, where right one started getting tight. Left rear delt had an ache/pull in it during the entire run...Resistance training I wasn't looking forward to, which doesn't happen very often to me. Started out and was surprised that I was able to go as high with reps on my first set of Close-Grip BB Bicep Curls. Since I have no Dips' bars in the basement, I did Incline Dips instead, going low, feeling every one. It's been a LONG time since I had a minute's recovery [on any session other than Shoulders/Hamstrings], but I did today, no matter how weird it felt - my body REALLY needs the SHORTER recovery periods for best function, but given the way I was feeling, it was ok. Left wrist started aching badly during Incline Bicep Curls, and pump in arms was MASSIVE by the time I was done with my first set of the DB French Press. Left wrist continued to ache and pump continued to get "more", becoming very painful, but SuperSet C was managed, recovery a relief. Finished off the session with a different kind of crunch, feeling the stretch in my hamstrings during it, my core feeling highly UNcomfortable...Even though I didn't feel like it, I did 20 minutes on my rollers, cadence rather varied at times. I got off my bike with legs that felt so heavy - I definitely HATE this feeling, and the sooner I can rid my body of all this excess water weight (especially since it has bloated me from my waist to knees, causing even SITTING to be uncomfortable) the better...NOT very happy with myself right now...