April 25, 2012

2012 | Day 116: Feels like I'm torn apart and I cannot bleed...


MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE OF THE DAY

"There is no chance, no destiny, no fate, that can hinder the firm resolve of a determined soul." - Ella Wheeler Wilcox

For the complete Motivational, review When You TRULY Want Something... | Rosie's MuscleRevolution.

TRAINING

Session 1

HIIT Run:
a. 4 min jogging
b. 8 x 20 sec sprint/10 sec easy
c. 12 min jogging

Session 2

Skip x 300 revolutions

Shoulders/Arms/Abs (30 sec recovery between quadset):
QuadSet A -
1. Rear Flyes 3 x 10
2. DB Hammer Raises 3 x 10
3. Alternate Plate Single-Arm Lateral Raises 3 x 10 per side
4. Skip 3 x 100 revolutions
QuadSet B -
5. Incline DB Bicep Curls 3 x 10
6. V-Bar Tricep Push-Downs 3 x 10
7. Alternate DB Hammer Bicep Curls 3 x 10 per side
8. Skip 3 x 100 revolutions
QuadSet C -
9. Swissball Crunches (270 degrees to 180 degrees) 3 x 15
10. Reverse Curls (on bench) 3 x 10
11. Pikes (on bench) 3 x 15
12. Skip 3 x 100 revolutions

Stretch 22 min

After going for a second 3-mile run last night I didn't feel too much like going for yet ANOTHER - this time HIIT - only a few hours later (before I had to leave for the airport), but I did. Legs were REALLY feeling it and sprints were rather slow this morning, ending up doing fewer than usual...Absolutely shattered on the plane and I think I passed out for an hour from Charlotte to West Palm Beach, which was rather needed, given that my eyes were bloodshot before I even left Chicago! At the point where I was simply going through the motions of moving once I reached Florida, and once I was able to get into my hotel room I went straight to bed and was out almost instantly, sleeping for all of about an hour, LOL - it felt LONGER though, and woke, taking a little self-talk to get myself moving in preparation for a resistance training session...My walk to the gym was my "warm-up" - definitely, in the heat and wearing a hoodie and trackies! Arrived 20 minutes later well heated and ready to go, despite, yes, no Assault today either. Feeling the lack of sleep and fatigue once I started though, and moved rather slowly through the session it felt like. Vascularity was pretty awesome - I want THAT tomorrow (and Saturday), biceps' veins branching out into two strong blue lines. Pump was highish. Definition coming out in my anterior and lateral delts, with arms more into the session - this is the kind of session I need to do pre-shoot (without becoming a sweaty mess the way I do when training). Feeling more perky AFTER I'd finished, walking back to the hotel in the heat to stretch...No post-weights cardio, since the walk back was brisk enough (although nowhere near intense enough to be called "cardio" or even "exercise" for me), but the recovery might help my body re progress (AND I'm going to be doing some posing later this evening, which can be an effort in itself)...