April 12, 2016

MOTIVATIONAL OF THE DAY


THE LIFE WAITING


When I was younger I was one of those people who had their future mapped out – the next year, the next five years, even the next TEN years. I knew what I wanted to do and had set in motion events for where I wanted to be, having spent my entire college years preparing for what I had PLANNED on doing when I left school. But…

Sometimes God has OTHER plans. Due to unusual circumstances, I was unable to “be there” when I should have been for what I wanted to do. So I decided to take a year off and start working my way towards what I had planned on doing when I was there. In that time I reached a point where everything changed and suddenly my life was going in a completely different direction, one I would never have considered or fathomed before. I was structured, regimented, preferring to know what was going to happen and controlling the situation, the DRIVER, never having before being “driven”. Yet…

For some reason, I “let go”. I followed the path I had suddenly found myself walking on. And that path led me to another. And then another. The place I ended up is NOTHING like the one I had PLANNED on being in 16-17 years ago, but another reality altogether. But…

It is the RIGHT place for me. I can look back and see all the twists and turns, all the milestones that have led me to this place, to “creating” me into the person I am, and know without a doubt that had I lived the life I planned, I would be nowhere close to being who I am today. I would have stayed the way I was, possibly reinforcing the walls that today have been broken down. I would not have discovered the dream that lay buried deep inside and stepped out after it. I would never have met the people I have, who have changed me so drastically, so significantly…

The life I had planned was not a “true” dream. It was what I THOUGHT I wanted, even though I know that deep down it was not an “ultimate” dream, but just something to do, what was expected, a path that used skills and some abilities, instead of a path that followed passion and made a difference, uncovering hidden talents and desires.

The life I now live, the life I stepped into, not through mere course of fate or coincidence, but many choices, several heartbreaking decisions, allowing the whispers in my soul voice and freedom to be heard, chasing them and listening to instinct, is the life that was always WAITING. It is the life that was “meant to be”, but could not have happened if not for all that was. When I look back and see all that brought me here, to this point, to this place, the dreams and the ones I hold dear, I know they HAD to be for me to BECOME.

Sometimes we do not see what CAN be. We see what we think SHOULD be. We allow OTHERS to have some decision in the life we “choose” to lead. But…If you “let go” of the “control” and allow your life to “follow” your SOUL, you will end up in a place you might never have ever been able to imagine. And that place is so much BETTER than anything we could ever “plan” on doing and being.

© Rosie Chee