July 13, 2012

2012 | Day 190: Got to do this for ME


MOTIVATIONAL OF THE DAY

Your Own Hero

A hero can be defined by many things. The world has many heroes - they are not always the people in the limelight, those winning the accolades for great deeds, nor the famous and notorious; but more often than not they are the ones you never see or hear of, the unsung greats who do it for nothing more than simply because they can and want to help another in their time of need or trouble.

As Christo Parkeeves said, “A hero is an ordinary individual who finds strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles.” The Flowers of War trailer states that, “In extraordinary times ordinary people become heroes.”

Sometimes life leaves us with no other option but to step up to the plate and be the hero that is needed, to stand up for ourselves, to right the wrongs, to see that our justice is done, to be our OWN hero.

Are you waiting for someone ELSE to “save” you? Or are you prepared to dig deep within you for the strength, the determination, the perseverance, and passion to rise up and do what you know is RIGHT? Are YOU willing to step up to the challenge, into the shoes that you’ve perhaps thought yourself unworthy of wearing?

Because let me tell you right now, you ARE worthy. If you have something in the recesses of your soul that cries every time you see an injustice, when you are on your knees and have nothing left, when you are backed into a corner and see no way out, and that something comes strongly to the fore, then you ARE worthy. You have something inside you that will not close its eyes to what is going on and you HAVE to ACT to make it better. THAT is the heart of a hero.

Look WITHIN. Don’t rely on others - rely on YOURSELF to do what needs to be done, to pull yourself out of the black hole you might find yourself in, inch by bleeding inch, step by painful step. Allow the journey to teach you, mould you into something BETTER than what you are. Find strength you never knew you had, courage you have never used, and fight back with everything you’ve got, because this is YOUR life, YOUR war, YOUR battle, YOUR fight.

Quote for Reflection:


TRAINING

Session 1

Run 2 miles

Session 2

Skip x 300 revolutions

Weights (30 sec recovery between quadsets):
QuadSet A -
1. Stiff-Legged DB Deadlifts (on box, reaching DB down 6 inches) 3 x 10
2. Single-Arm DB Bent Over Rows 3 x 8 per arm
3. Side-to-side DB Push-Ups (feet on floor, hands on DB) 3 x 10
4. Skip 3 x 100 revolutions
QuadSet B -
5. Alternate Single-Arm DB Raises 3 x 10 per side
6. Plate Hammer Raises 3 x 8
7. Reverse Flyes 3 x 10
8. Skip 3 x 100 revolutions

Post-Weights Cardio:
Recline Bike 20 min @ 100-103 rpm

Stretch 20 min

OTHER NOTES

Sleep: Another "late" awakening, but up in town to get a quick run in before heading to the gym to train a client, finishing up my own training afterwards.

Energy: A little better than it has been.

Joints: My left hip has also been bothering me the last few days - since I lay on my left side on the couch - especially when I am skipping and running. Left wrist was strapped up again during training and afterwards.

Quality of Training: Run was not the best - the same time for a mile less than I would normally do, my body just one huge ache and NOT wanting to move, feeling it in my lower legs...Resistance training took me some time to get into, nauseous from the start, but pushing through. Was supposed to be my Full-Body day, but after quadset B the nausea was so bad that I stopped the weights and went to the recline bike, getting that done and out of the way. Planned on finishing up the other half of mu weights in the evening, but come evening, just decided to do it on Friday instead...

Supplements: I run out of Erase on Sunday.

Other Notes: Went back through my Training Journal [as I was stretching]. I have not had a week off training since I started back 10 January - which is good, but not good at the same time. HALF of those weeks I was doing 2-a-day training - whether my second session was cardio, weights, or a mix of both. The last time I had an "easy" week was 12 weeks ago - the week before my photoshoots in Florida, with only five days of training (instead of six), still doing weights on three of those days. So yes, my body may be telling me that it needs a break - if only doing 5-6 days of training, with 2-3 days of weights - I canNOT afford to have any LESS time "off" re my body, but at the same time I can't just expect it to keep going and going, because it is suffering badly right now and I have to at least LISTEN to it. I also need to UNDO the damage I have done over the last 6.5 weeks and turn this elephant back into a gazelle again [for my well-being as well as for upcoming photoshoots] - that's going to require INTENSITY and TIME, back to 2-a-day training the way I was through March and April. My body NEEDS to HANDLE - I will MAKE it. Lord, please give me Strength!