June 13, 2012

2012 | Day 161: I lost my Star but not my Light


MOTIVATIONAL OF THE DAY

What Makes You Come ALIVE

You have a passion in your heart for a REASON. What you care about, love to do, desire to share - this is YOUR PASSION. It’s what makes you COME ALIVE.

When you do something that brightens your soul and lights you up from the inside out, others can’t help but NOTICE. When they notice, you KNOW your actions have an IMPACT. You want that impact to make a POSITIVE DIFFERENCE.

When your very life in actions and words, everything you do and are, makes a positive difference, you are doing the world a GREAT SERVICE. This is what the world NEEDS. People who affect CHANGE, whether they are conscious of it or not, simply because they are being who they ARE and following their HEARTS in doing what makes them come ALIVE.

You never know the ripple of EFFECT that YOUR life can have. When you do what makes YOU come alive, you can IGNITE the LIGHT inside OTHERS. When others’ light begins to shine forth into the world and they follow your example in living out their heart’s passion, TRUE DIFFERENCE can be made.

Quote for Reflection:

TRAINING

Session 1

Run 3 miles

Stretch 23 min

Session 2

Treadmill 4 min @ 4.2 min/km

Arms/Abs (30 sec recovery between trisets):
TriSet A -
1. Incline DB Bicep Curls 4 x 12
2. Dips 4 x 6
3. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
TriSet B -
4. EZ-Bar Bicep Curls 4 x 21s
5. Push-Ups (feet on floor, hands on fist under chest) 4 x 10
6. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
TriSet C -
7. DB Zottoman Curls 4 x 8
8. Rope Tricep Push-Down 4 x 8
9. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
TriSet D -
10. Weighted DB Crunch (on bench, knees at 90 degree flexion) 4 x 10
11. Pikes (on bench) 4 x 15
12. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions

Post-Weights Cardio:
Recline Bike 20 min @ 105-108 rpm

OTHER NOTES

Sleep: Barely any - 1-3 hours on and off.

Energy: Was a very "blah" day after Training Session 1 to Training Session 2.

Joints: SO painful both my anterior delts/biceps' tendons. My left is starting to feel the way my right did last year before it "put me out". My right is getting back to that point, and I was having to dig my nails into it between sets and during post-weights cardio to try and minimize the pain. Might have to start using some Aleve again.

Pump: Again, right from the start.

Vascularity: Excellent.

Quality of Training: It was an interesting session in the gym to say the least. I'm glad I did it and felt better afterwards for it, but I was also in a lot of pain during and after (and still am).