June 8, 2012

2012 | Day 157: Falling in the black...Can you hear me?


MOTIVATIONAL OF THE DAY

Do. Can. Want.

Being told you “can’t” do something can be a highly motivating force. After all, who but YOU knows what you canNOT do? Not even you, because you never know what you can do until you TRY. And if you “can’t” do something and you WANT to, then you just KEEP ON TRYING until you CAN do it.

I do things because I CAN. Sometimes simply BECAUSE I can. Other times because I want to see what I can do, challenge myself, PUSH the limits and see how far I can go.

If I do something, regardless of whether I “can” or not, I do it because I WANT to. Not because someone ELSE wants me to, but because I want to.

If it’s something I want and I’m told “no”, then it just makes me MORE determined than ever to do it. Achieve it, not just because I want to, but to prove the disbelievers WRONG, to show the world that ANYthing is possible if you want it badly enough and are willing to do what it takes to do it.

DON’T ever think that you “can’t” do something. Don’t ever let anyone ELSE tell you that you “can’t” do something. If YOU think you “can’t”, then you most likely never will (unless you use your own negativity as a driving factor - something only a rare few do and succeed with), because you will never try. If OTHERS think you “can’t”, then IGNORE them and JUST DO IT ANYWAY!

Quote for Reflection:
 

TRAINING

HIIT Treadmill:
a. 2 min @ 4.4 min/km
b. 8 x 20 sec effort @ 3.4 min/km / 10 sec rest
c. 2 min @ 4.7 min/km

Shoulders/Arms/Abs (30 sec recovery between quadsets):
QuadSet A -
1. Behind-the-neck BB Military Press 3 x 10
2. DB Clean and Press 3 x 10
3. Alternate Single-Arm Plate Lateral Raises 3 x 20
4. Skip 3 x 150 revolutions
QuadSet B -
5. Cable Bicep Curls (each hand with individual handle) 3 x 10
6. Rope Tricep Push-Downs 3 x 10
7. Alternate DB Hammer Bicep Curls 3 x 30
8. Skip 3 x 150 revolutions
QuadSet C -
9. Weighted DB Crunches (on bench, knees at 90 degree angle) 3 x 10
10. Reverse Curls (on bench) 3 x 10
11. Pikes (on bench) 3 x 20
12. Skip 3 x 150 revolutions

Post-Weights Cardio:
Recline Bike 20 min @ 103-105 rpm

Stretch 28 min

OTHER NOTES

Sleep: "Food coma" helped me get to sleep last night (not the healthiest of ways to try and induce sleep, but better than other options). Drifted in and out during the mid-morning hours. Woke with my throat feeling swollen, finding it hard to breathe (got to go easy on anything containing peanuts, wheat, gluten, and dairy from now on - my body just does not respond well to it).

Energy: It was there. Feeling it a little during resistance training though.

Joints: PAINFUL, especially right delt/biceps' tendons - was so close to tears during QuadSet A, but gritting my teeth and forcing each rep I wanted out, having to dig my nails into it during post-weights cardio to "stop" the pain.

Quality of Training: HIIT again on the treadmill (I know - all this week, which has been interestingly ok on my lower legs) - suffering and feeling like I could barely breathe, so not as many efforts and less overall time done...The trouble breathing continued during resistance training, which, combined with the pain in my delt/biceps' tendons did not make for a very happy person at all. AND my speed rope broke during QuadSet B, so had to use one of the gym's ones, which was a skipping rope and not as good, but making it work. On the plus side, definition in my delts and arms is still getting better, which I AM pleased with...Breathing getting even more laboured during post-weights cardio - not fun, and getting upset not helping matters...

Website Updates: A few more changes made today, just to reflect different things happening.