May 8, 2012

2012 | Day 129: I've been to hell and back because of you...yet I don't regret it...


MOTIVATIONAL OF THE DAY

To This Moment...

I cannot regret anything that has passed. Because it has led me here. To now. THIS moment.

It has made me STRONGER than I ever thought possible. Revealed to me truths that I might never have otherwise learned, allowing me to ACCEPT that life is rarely all it seems, that beneath the surface there is a storm just waiting to be unleashed. Made me embrace the dark side within me, instead of running from it using it as a STRENGTH, not a weapon against myself.

I know what I am capable of. I know without a doubt what I want. I know what I AM.

Without all that has passed, I might not have.

Everything happens for a REASON, whether we like it or see it at the time or not. Everything happens to make us BETTER, to mould us into the person we are MEANT to be. Everything is as it SHOULD be, even if we do not desire it to be in any given moment. In THIS moment.

And everything can CHANGE. Just like that. In an instant, a split second, the blink of an eye, the roll of a wave. Everything can change and I must be PREPARED for it. I must be READY.

I know I am. READY. NOW.

Are YOU? Are YOU ready for what happens next? Are you ready to face the rollercoaster of life, brace yourself through the corners, scream as it falls into the depths, laugh with a smile into the wind at the top of each peak? Are you READY?

Quote for Reflection: “Your journey has molded you for the greater good. It was exactly what it needed to be. Don't think you've lost time, it took each and every situation you have encountered to bring you to the now. And NOW is RIGHT ON TIME.” - Asha Tyson

TRAINING

Skip x 300 revolutions

Arms/Abs (30 sec recovery between trisets):
TriSet A -
1. Close-Grip BB Bicep Curls 4 x 5
2. Dips 4 x 6
3. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
TriSet B -
4. Incline DB Bicep Curls 4 x 8
5. Straight-Bar Tricep Push-Downs 4 x 6
6. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
TriSet C -
7. DB Zottoman Curls 4 x 10
8. DB Hammer Curls 4 x 6
9. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
TriSet D -
10. Weighted DB Crunches (on bench, knees at 90 degree angle) 4 x 15
11. Pikes (on bench) 4 x 15
12. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions

Post-Weights Cardio:
Recline Bike 20 min @ 105-108 rpm

Stretch 31 min

OTHER NOTES

Sleep: Bed at 0305, waking twice, getting up and heading straight to the gym.

Quality of Training: It's not often I pretty much roll out of bed and "into training", but I did today. Took me about half an hour to "wake up" and get into it, my skipping suffering, only getting frustrated. BOTH knees hurt on the medial aspect after yesterday - not sure what from, but it affected my skipping and I had to skip as if I was shadow-boxing to prevent them becoming too painful. Strength was down and really feeling it hurt, left wrist giving me issues throughout. Pushed on through though, because that's just what I [have to] do.