April 23, 2012

2012 | Day 114: Got my sights locked in...


MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE OF THE DAY

"I'm training until I fall apart." - Kim Wathen

For the complete Motivational, review Until I Fall Apart| Rosie's MuscleRevolution.

TRAINING

Session 1

Run 3 miles

Arms/Abs (30 sec recovery between trisets):
TriSet A -
1. Close-Grip BB Bicep Curls 5 x 6
2. Dips 5 x 8
3. Skip 5 x 100 revolutions
TriSet B -
4. Incline Alternate DB Bicep Curls 5 x 10, 10, 10, 9, 8 per side
5. Rope Tricep Push-Down 5 x 8, 8, 8, 8, 6
6. Skip 5 x 100 revolutions
TriSet C -
7. DB Zottoman Curls 5 x 8
8. Standing DB French Press 5 x 8, 6, 6, 6, 6
9. Skip 5 x 100 revolutions
TriSet D -
10. Weighted DB Crunch (on bench, knees at 90 degrees) 5 x 15
11. Pikes (on bench) 5 x 15
12. Skip 5 x 100 revolutions
QuadSet -
13. Standing Alternate DB Hammer Bicep Curls 1 x 30
14. Push-Ups (feet on floor, hands on fists under chest) 1 x 8
15. Plank x 1 min
16. Skip x 100 revolutions

Post-Weights Cardio:
Recline Bike 20 min @ 110-112 rpm

Stretch 27 min

Actually went to bed EARLY (well, early for me) last night and didn't take me long to fall asleep either - guess the stress is at the point where my mind just wants to shut down, but can't, although it will now allow for some hibernation. Woke a couple of times in the morning, but eventually got ~8 hours sleep and woke feeling slightly refreshed. Took me a while to get going, but once I did...Familiar route was ran on this morning. Weather is a good ~30 degrees Fahrenheit LESS here than in Texas, which suits me just fine (doesn't make running outside hard on my breathing), and run was ok. Not the fastest, given that I gained ~10 pounds from yesterday to this morning - a lot of it food and water weight though - and was feeling sluggish...Then to the gym, oh so ready to hit the weights (three days without a resistance session is almost like torture)! Did Arms/Abs instead of Shoulders/Hamstrings (relegated to pm training), making sure it was non-stop-on-the-go time. After last week I was shocked to find that my strength re Close-Grip BB Bicep Curls has gone down again, barely managing the six reps I did for each set, having to do the last couple of reps on the last couple of sets as half-reps, left wrist aching. Dips were fine, and given my increase in overall body mass, showing strength is fine here. Skipping was a little bit of an effort and my trackies kept "catching" the rope, which did not make for a good mood with it. Incline Alternate DB Bicep Curls were fine - seeing the double-veins in my biceps here and enjoying the pump. There was no V-Bar at the gym, so used the rope instead re Tricep Push-Downs. Skipping was frustrating and I had to go slower. DB Zottoman Curls were fine - strength up from last week. DB French Press was ok - right rear delt started pinching sharply from the third set though. Skipping finally falling into a rhythm here. Abs were all fine - not really feeling it too much today, which was a bit odd. Added in a quadset to complete my session, making sure I could feel the burn and pain - definitely felt on the Plank re delt/biceps' tendons in BOTH arms...Because I have to, 20 minutes on the Recline Bike - burning my legs and dripping sweat like tears - ended Training Session 1...

Session 2

HIIT Run:
a. 4 min jogging
b. 8 x 20 sec sprint/10 sec easy
c. 4 min jogging

Shoulders/Hamstrings (30 sec recovery between supersets):
SuperSet A -
1. Behind-the-neck BB Military Press 6 x 10, 10, 10, 10, 8, 8
2. Skip 6 x 100 revolutions
SuperSet B -
3. BB Military Press 6 x 8
4. Skip 6 x 100 revolutions
SuperSet C -
5. Plate Lateral Raises 6 x 10
6. Skip 6 x 100 revolutions
SuperSet D -
7. Stiff-Legged BB Deadlifts (BB to touch floor) 6 x 10
8. Skip 6 x 100 revolutions

Post-Weights Cardio:
Rollers 20 min in 39x18 @ 120 rpm

Wasn't really feeling it when I headed out to start off my Training Session 2. HIIT was ok - short today, since I DID do two HIIT Runs on the weekend...Then down to the basement to hit the weights. Behind-the-neck BB Military Press was ok until the third set, when my right rear delt started stinging sharply - managed to force out another set of 10 reps before the pain limited the last two sets on reps. BB Military Press was ok, although less reps than last week, feeling in my right anterior delt a grinding, albeit without pain. Right delt was starting to be an overall hassle by the time it came to Plate Lateral Raises and I just wanted them over and done with. I was tempted to not even do the Stiff-Legged BB Deadlifts, but did them because I have to. Lightheaded during most of my skipping, definitely noticing the difference in not having used Assault pre-training (noticed this morning as well - especially re energy and alertness) - although could also have something to do with the fact that it was my SECOND resistance session for today...Finished off on the rollers - how happy I am be able to use MY bike again (completely different to using a Recline Bike or Spin Bike or any other kind of bike a fitness facility might have - NOTHING comes close). Spun away at a reasonable pace, heated and dripping by the end...