April 19, 2012

2012 | Day 110: I won't turn around, can't be afraid...Innocence gone, can't be the same...


MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE OF THE DAY

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." - Marianne Williamson, A Return To Love

TRAINING

HIIT Run:
a. 4 min jogging
b. 30 x 20 sec sprint/10 sec easy
c. 4 x 50 sec sprint/10 sec easy
d. 4 min jogging

Shoulders/Arms/Abs (30 sec recovery between quadset):
QuadSet A -
1. Rope Crunches 3 x 20
2. Ab Rollout 3 x 20
3. Pikes (on bench) 3 x 20
4. Skip 3 x 100 revolutions
QuadSet B -
5. DB Zottoman Curls 3 x 10
6. V-Bar Tricep Push-Downs 3 x 10
7. Alternate DB Hammer Bicep Curls 3 x 15 per side
8. Skip 3 x 100 revolutions
QuadSet C -
9. Rear Flyes 3 x 10
10. Plate Hammer Raises 3 x 10
11. Alternate Plate Single-Arm Lateral Raises 3 x 10 per side
12. Skip 3 x 100 revolutions

Post-Weights Cardio:
Run 4 miles @ 5 min/mile pace

Stretch 20 min

Bed at 0108, waking at 0330 and 0430, finally getting up just after 0500, giving me just over three hours sleep overall. Fresh though...Headed to the gym in reasonable spirits. Got there and went out on the road for my HIIT Run. Sprints were not fast-fast, but they were ok. Did a few more and added in several longer ones as well, just to ensure intensity and volume...Then to the weights. Using quadsets again, making sure it was non-stop go-go-go. Surprisingly didn't really feel my abs too much on Rope Crunches or the Ab Rollout, but feeling my left hip pop and "resonate" in my left lower back during Pikes. Skipping rapid. Sheen of sweat on my face during and after QuadSet A, vascularity popping, and ready for the roadmap that appeared on my arms during QuadSet B. DB Zottoman Curls were a grit of teeth, my left wrist starting to ache on the last set, but pushing through. Used the same weight as yesterday re V-Bar Tricep Push-Down and fared better, enjoying the definition (left side definitely stronger than my right here). Same weight as yesterday re Alternate DB Hammer Bicep Curls and forced out more reps with as well, loving the definition and pump from them. Skipping still fast. Went five pounds lighter than yesterday re Rear Flyes and did a lot better. Just a single large plate in front of me today for Hammer Raises, surprised that it almost felt light, but not towards the end, and certainly not on the last set. Again, Alternate Plate Single-Arm Lateral Raises - these hurt me the most and on the tenth rep of the second set my right shoulder cracked/popped loudly and I was in pain from then on, close to tears at one point during my third set, determined to keep going no matter what. Skipping frustrated, annoyed at myself, light-headed after the first set, having to "catch myself" on a bench from falling over at the sudden spinning...Finished off with a 4-mile Run outside (since the Recline Bike was in use when I was done with my weights), enjoying it...Back to the hotel to stretch. Then into the sauna for 25 minutes, before heading out to the spa for my last "leg massage". Afterwards, stayed in the spa and held myself under the water, the roar of the jets through the water pounding in my head. It was actually EASIER to hold myself under here than in the pool, and I was able to hold my breath a lot longer, staying under for FIVE minutes! Felt refreshed and calm afterwards...Which is good, because I have ~18 hours of traveling ahead of me today/tomorrow...

OTHER NOTES

Body Composition

8.5% bodyfat - a loss of 0.7% in FOUR days! Which is AWESOME (even though it doesn't feel like it to me, not completely, especially when I scrutinize myself in the mirror)! Now to lose 0.7% bodyfat more over the next 5-6 days and I will be sweet (and very pleased). Girths today are not a lot different than a few days ago, albeit there is a little change - that said, last night was my "refeed/cheat" meal (yes, MEAL - and within the Lean Gains 16-hour fast/8-hour feeding window too), so could have some effect on this. I still want to lose >1.2 inches from each my waist, hips, and both thighs though (and I will - hopefully by the time I work with Walt)!