May 15, 2014


MOTIVATIONAL OF THE DAY

FREE TO BE ME

After spending a lifetime having to hide myself it is FREEDOM to be able to be me, truly and completely, and not have it matter who sees me as I am. The world is not a safe place, but the world where I am IS safe for me to reveal my soul and allow others a glimpse of my true self, instead of a mask that gives an impression they get that I hate.

I am free to be me, to show my heart, to speak my mind, to let loose my passions and follow my dreams. I am free to choose my own path to walk, instead of trying to carry everyone else on theirs and losing myself in the process. I am free to open the heart that I have had closed for so long, to let others IN to know and understand it. I am free to be free, my soul lighter by the day.

It’s not that in the past I lived a lie, but the me, the REAL me, was often hidden away, others seeing only aspects of the complexity, aspects that they wanted or needed to see and never any inclination of the entire picture, never let past the barrier surrounding me. I know the impressions the world has and sometimes still has, now, but I never used to, and part of me screams out to be SEEN, to make it realize who I TRULY am.

And now I am free to BE me, as I am. It is liberating, uplifting, refreshing, motivating, gives a smile and a lightness that has eluded me except in the tumultuous times of reflection and deliberation that have instigated immeasurable change in my soul. I AM free to be me and I LIKE it, and those who do not do have the choice to walk away.

© Rosie Chee