July 11, 2012

2012 | Day 189: Calmly Disturbed


MOTIVATIONAL OF THE DAY

Expectation and Appreciation

We have expectations of ourselves - that does not mean everyone else does the same. Those of us that have expectations of ourselves often also have expectations of others - expectations they may not have themselves, and if they do, likely to be very different from those held by the individual in question. Therefore, it is better NOT to have any expectations of anyone BUT yourself, for that way no one can ever DISAPPOINT you - for you WILL be disappointed if you expect everyone else to hold to the SAME standards that you set for yourself.

Instead, learn to be SURPRISED and APPRECIATE it when someone rises to the occasion and you discover that they DO have expectations of themselves after all, and that sometimes they might not be so very far off your own for you.

If you stop expecting and begin accepting the truth of the world, then your perception of it and the people in it changes. It changes from one who is always cynical to one who can be surprised, one who can see the beauty in life, the blessings in the tragedy. Life changes when WE change, when our PERCEPTIONS change, when we learn to LET GO of the things that we canNOT control, and learn to focus on making OURSELVES the BEST that we can, hoping that we are example enough that others will FOLLOW suit.

Quote for Reflection:

TRAINING

Session 1

HIIT Run:
a. 4 min jogging
b. 8 x 20 sec sprint/10 sec easy
c. 7 min jogging

Session 2

Hamstrings/Abs (30 sec recovery between supersets and trisets):
SuperSet -
1. Stiff-Legged DB Deadlifts (on step, reaching DB down ~6 inches) 4 x 10
2. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
TriSet A -
3. Weighted DB Crunch (on bench) 4 x 10
4. Reverse Curls (on bench) 4 x 10
5. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
TriSet B -
6. Swissball Leg Curls 1 x 20
7. Swissball Crunches (feet on wall, knees at 90 degree flexion) 1 x 20
8. Skip 1 x 100 revolutions

Stretch 20 min

OTHER NOTES

Sleep: Did not get up an hour earlier than yesterday, but an hour LATER, and was NOT pleased.

Energy: Getting lower by the day - and no, I am NOT "dieting" or being restrictive with carbohydrates or anything else silly like that. There are a few factors in play, one of which is stress, the additional body mass, and the fact that I have not taken a break from training in ~6 months - my body is just letting me know that I can't completely abuse it.

Joints: Getting more and more painful both my shoulders and wrists - it has become a constant nuisance now.

Quality of Training: HIIT was slower than slow, my sprints as fast as I could make them, but almost seeming like my "regular" jog (when I am feeling ok). Entire body was just exhausted and the extra body mass is not being kind on my knees or lower legs...Did the Hamstrings and Abs that I did not do on Monday and Tuesday respectively - glad I did them, because I didn't feel like it and was just going to leave work early withOUT anything further than my HIIT Run done prior to. I DID get on the Recline Bike after the weights, but stopped after a minute my body was THAT bad. Weighing up what to do for the rest of the week.

Overall Sense of Feeling: Quiet in my soul, albeit VERY disappointed in myself for the last 6-7 weeks and letting myself get affected the way I have.

Iron Mulisha: John actually inspired this piece - read The Life I Chose To Live here.