July 4, 2012

2012 | Day 182: ...you gone makes everything wrong...


MOTIVATIONAL OF THE DAY

The Greatest of You and Me

God doesn’t shatter dreams - HUMANS do. And we do that by NOT giving ourselves the opportunities or the chance to become the BEST that we can possibly BE.

When we give ourselves EVERY chance possible to be the best that we can be, we allow ourselves to journey towards being the greatest that we can be. If there is but one thing in life that we CAN control, it is this.

There are NO excuses as to why you cannot be great. EVERYone has the seeds of greatness INSIDE them - just not everyone will ever find, nourish, or allow them to grow and flourish. But when you do, watch out!

So focus NOT on what anyone ELSE is doing - focus on YOU. If everyone realized their POTENTIAL and allowed it to grow, then the world would be one step closer to realizing a true dream. For when the greatest of you and me come together, there is NOTHING that we can’t do, nothing we won’t be able to ACCOMPLISH, no dream we won’t be able to make a reality.

Quote for Reflection: 

TRAINING

HIIT Run:
a. 4 min jogging
b. 8 x 20 sec sprint/10 sec easy
c. 4 min jogging

Stretch 20 min

OTHER NOTES

Sleep: Passed out almost as soon as my head touched the pillow.

Energy: Drained. Because I only had to work this morning, was able to sleep again this afternoon, adding an additional ~3 hours to the ~7 hours I got last night.

Quality of Training: Not the best. Body feels very heavy and like lead (likely from the 6.2 pounds I gained from yesterday after all the food I ate last night, especially after having just lost that 6.2 pounds from Monday to Tuesday when my eating was good and resistance training was done). So very hot outside too, which didn't help, as the heat drains me drastically, especially making it hard to breathe. Although I probably shouldn't have, did only a short HIIT session, and also giving my body the afternoon off to recuperate.

Other Notes: I'll be starting back at full-time study in a week with my PostGraduate Diploma in Science, so that I can complete my Masters in a year in 2013 - I'm excited about it (it's been a long time in coming - I wanted to start this in 2009, but coming to the US interrupted that plan for a while, especially since the course has not been available all online re studying from back home - and won't be all available yet until next year). Going to have a full plate over the next 18 months, but pretty confident I can handle it. I know what I want to do and where I want to be, and if I have to whittle it down, I will to the top priorities, I will.