June 14, 2012

2012 | Day 163: I can do bad all by myself


MOTIVATIONAL OF THE DAY

Be Strong

Quote for Reflection:
Image credit: Blue Mountain Arts

TRAINING

Weights - Full-Body Intended (30 sec recovery between trisets):
TriSet A -
1. Single-Arm DB Bent Over Rows 3 x 6 per arm
2. Plyometric Push-Ups (on fists) 3 x 6
3. Single-Leg Deadlifts (with twist and lateral reach) 3 x 10 per leg
TriSet B -
4. Behind-the-neck BB Military Press 3 x 10
5. BB Military Press 3 x 10
6. DB Lateral Raises 3 x 10

*Break 12 min*

TriSet C -
7. Swissball Crunches (270 degrees to 180 degrees) 1 x 10
8. Ab Rollout 1 x 10
9. Plank 1 x 1 min

Treadmill:
a. 1 min @ Incline 4 @ 4 miles/hour
b. 1 min @ Incline 5 @ 5 miles/hour
c. 3 min @ Incline 6 @ 6 miles/hour
d. 10 min @ Incline 3 @ 3 miles/hours

OTHER NOTES

Sleep: Actually, ~6 hours of UNinterrupted and deep sleep. Woke feeling like absolute crap though, shoulders both in pain.

Energy: Felt like I was going to pass out after getting off the treadmill re training today. Sitting on the couch I was suddenly exhausted. Thinking a lot of stress is contributing to this, as well as poor nutrition, and issues with my shoulders - plus, also dosed two tablets of Aleve twice prior to this point today (to help re shoulder pain, although it's not doing much).

Joints: My left shoulder is the way my right one was a day or two before I woke up and could barely move it without wanting to scream. Please, God, please do NOT let my body break on me again! I have been trying so hard to be more careful with it, smarter with training, going lighter some days to ensure my shoulders do NOT suffer as much, even as I still try to push my body as hard as I can. The fact that it's been six months since I last had a week off from weights might have something to do with it, but I HAVE given myself some easiER weeks in there, some with less resistance session, although the last few weeks, I have added in an extra resistance session here and there. The pain has been a constant nagging in both shoulders today, and after training, I've had to be very careful with any movement re my left, since it IS VERY painful.

Quality of Training: Today was one of those days when you know if you continue to push on, you're only going to cause some damage. I TRIED to, but in the end...Full-Body session today. Struggled BADLY. My left anterior delt/biceps' tendons (more IN the shoulder though) was so painful that EVERY rep was an effort and I was SO close to tears it was not funny. After battling it out in frustration for two lots of trisets, I decided to stop and just go to the recline bike and be done with it. However, got on that, and was just exhausted. Mentally, I was just NOT there, so got off it and went to sit for a while. After ~12 minutes, I decided to continue with my weights' session, but after one of TriSet C, I was done for. I had NOTHING. Even in my mind, I was GONE from the session. I DID end up walking on the treadmill - for the first time ever on an incline - for 15 minutes, mindlessly walking, just because I needed to do SOMEthing, and because what I HAD done, even though it hurt like hell, felt like I had done NOTHING...So, considering this my day OFF this week...

Supplements: I now have all my staples back.

Overall Sense of Feeling: NOT good. If only I could rewind back ~2.5 weeks, before I got into this funk. But, it can't be done, so only looking FORWARD. I need to get OUT of this funk and back to being ME. NOW!!!

Other Notes: All the best to everyone competing at the Junior Nationals in Chicago over the next couple of days!