January 8, 2012

2012 | Day 8: It's time to rise up...get back up...show them all you won't be beaten...


MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE OF THE DAY

"My will to succeed is so real, I see it and think about it 24/7." - Carl OX Joseph

For the complete Motivational, review Will to Succeed | WPM Women.

TRAINING

Fifth consecutive week of NO training. ARGH!!!! I am definitely noticing it re body ability to breathe, energy levels, and body composition.

But...GOOD news!!!! The swelling in my knees has 99% gone and although it's still very painful, I have gradually been working on increasing my range of motion re shoulder flexion and abduction (still little extension due to EXTREME pain), so I will start back training TOMORROW!!! Although my resistance sessions are likely to be a little shorter than usual for a week or so, I am going to follow a similar training split to that I was using prior to injuries (exercises selected that won't aggravate right shoulder, within range of motion that I have - but pushing and working on improving it as well), since it proved to be the best for my body re what I want and need to do.

Training Split:
Monday - HIIT Cardio + Shoulders/Hamstrings
Tuesday - 10 min Cardio + Arms/Abs
Wednesday - HIIT Cardio
Thursday - 10 min Cardio + Full-Body
Friday - HIIT Cardio + Shoulders/Arms/Abs
Saturday - 20 min Cardio
Sunday - Day OFF

OTHER NOTES

Body Composition

Continued increase in body composition this week, up to 9.2% bodyfat - I definitely notice the change re look and feel of my body and definitely do NOT like it. In fact, I noticed the definite difference in look and feel as soon as I went over 8.3% bodyfat, the latter the body composition that I definitely want to stay UNDER ALWAYS! 

Supplements

Currently I am only using Erase (honestly, if it wasn't for this, with the way I have been eating everything in sight, despite not training, I believe my body composition would have increased more than it did), MuscleGels (here and there, preferring to use BCAAs and save these until I am training again), RecoverPRO (one of the reasons I believe I have not lost any muscle mass with all this time off training) and Vitamin C (at six grams a day since my injuries). I have not used Assault since my last training session, so my muscle creatine levels have returned to baseline, but I will notice as they rise again when I start back on it tomorrow. Alpha-T2 and Shred Matrix are well overdue to be used again as well - I miss them both terribly and can't wait for some more. You'll recall that I had just started using Battlefuel on the Monday my injuries presented, so I only had a single dose of it before stopping to save it for when I was able to train again - I will likely add this in during my second week back.

Website Changes

I've made a few changes to my website over my time off training. One of them is the addition of a page with links to all editions of my monthly online newsletter, RCS Newsletter - don't forget to check out the latest and learn how to flatten up your midsection: January 2012 | The SWIMSUIT Edition. Plus, since I am now the "Inspiration/Motivation" columnist for World Physique Magazine and WPM Women (and WPM Comps when it is released), I have added a "Published in Print (from 2011) Article" blog - I will be adding to this as issues of these magazines (and any of my articles that are published in print elsewhere) are out.

Writing Requests

I would also like to take this time to ask what YOU would like to see me write about, whether it is for the RCS Newsletter or for articles, so please email me your requests and I will review them all.

My Anthem for 2012



The words of this song (ignore the visuals and just LISTEN) could not be truer of how I approach life! I love it!

God Bless and may you all have an Awesome week!