May 19, 2012

2012 | Day 140: I just can't walk away...


MOTIVATIONAL OF THE DAY

Passion and Determination

Everything you do should be done with PASSION. Passion makes you feel ALIVE, lights you from within, gives the sparkle in your eyes, the bounce in your step, then energy and enthusiasm that draws others to you.

Everything you do should be done with DETERMINATION. Determination means that you are prepared to do whatever it takes, no matter who or what may try and stop you from achieving what you have set out to accomplish.

Together, passion and determination make a POWERFUL team. A powerful team is hard to break and only gets STRONGER when faced with adversity.

Passion and determination make the journey less arduous. You know that everything done has a PURPOSE, bringing you one step CLOSER to the culmination of your dream. One step closer to the ultimate HIGH.

Quote for Reflection:

TRAINING

Session 1

Skip x 300 revolutions

Shoulders/Arms/Abs (30 sec recovery between quadsets):
QuadSet A -
1. Behind-the-neck BB Military Press 3 x 8
2. BB Military Press 3 x 8
3. Single-Arm DB Lateral Raises 3 x 10 per side
4. Skip 3 x 100 revolutions
QuadSet B -
5. EZ-Bar Bicep Curls 3 x 21s
6. Dips 3 x 8
7. Alternate DB Hammer Bicep Curls 3 x 10 per side
8. Skip 3 x 100 revolutions
QuadSet C -
9. Hanging Straight-Leg Raises (feet to touch bar) 3 x 10
10. Reverse Curls (on floor) 3 x 10
11. Pikes (on floor) 3 x 20
12. Skip 3 x 100 revolutions

Post-Weights Cardio:
Recline Bike 20 min @ 110-112 rpm

Stretch 20 min

Session 2

HIIT Run:
a. 4 min jogging
b. 24 x 20 sec sprint/10 sec easy
c. 10 min jogging

Mood: Upset during training, close to tears at several points, getting frustrated and angry with myself, forcing my body to scream as I pushed it, not helping my stress (which has been exceptionally high the last few days - evidenced by the coming up again of my wisdom teeth, the SECOND time in the space of 2-3 weeks!).

Pump: Strong and hard - this, combined with the vascularity and definition is what I want ALWAYS.

Vascularity: Excellent - looked like someone had painted veins on me, LOL.

Joints: Left wrist in pain. Right wrist pain as well after the second set of EZ-Bar Bicep Curls. Right anterior delt in constant pain throughout training and the rest of the day.

Quality of Training: Almost pretty much out of bed and to the gym today. Took me a little to awake fully and concentrate, not really wanting to be there, but glad that I did the session by the end, flushed and dripping as I was...Finding it hard to breathe during post-weights cardio, my heart hurting, the pain in my chest radiating, continuing with pressure from one fist on my chest, my face a mask of pain...

OTHER NOTES

About Muscle Interview

Got home from the gym to discover that my Interview (inclusive of many never-seen-before images taken by Dan Ray) with About Muscle was published [as a Feature] today (thank you, James)!

Check it out: Interview With The Female Terminator Rosie Chee