March 31, 2012

2012 | Day 91: All the pieces torn apart...


MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE OF THE DAY

"Learn to develop the no excuse attitude and watch how your life begins to change for the better." - Jason Selk

For the complete Motivational, review NO EXCUSES! | WPM Women.


TRAINING

Run 7 miles @ 4.57 min/mile pace

Stretch 20 min

Did not get to sleep until quite late this morning, but I DID sleep - for ~4 hours, which is optimal. Headed out about an hour after getting up for my run. Knees were ok, not bothering me, which was surprising, considering the way they were last night. Pace was not fast, but not as slow as it has been either. Very humid out (definitely early morning or late at night is preferable for me if I am to run outside) and I could feel the beads of sweat on my face, my hair sticking to my arms and back. Stretching was welcome...I WAS going to do another 7-mile run this evening, but after a disturbing response this afternoon to something - similar but more severe that what I've been experiencing when doing post-weights cardio re not being able to breathe - and with everything going on today, I decided against it. Besides, I've already done three days of pm cardio, so figured I'll "be ok" with "letting it go" today - sometimes I DO have to stop treating my body like a machine...